Pages

19/03/2011

Tresures from the past

This vase by Kupittaan Savi used to belong to my grandmother, then my mother and now I have it. My grandmother was a very strict lady when it came to money, so the vase is second class - meaning there's minor fault on the covers. But who cares when it is so beautiful!
 The photo above is from the musical "Annie Get Your Gun" shown at the Joensuu City Theatre back in 1960's. Petra & Epe gave it to us as a house warming gift - I can see some resemblance!
And oh the bag, the bag! I saw this bag first at Vintageija's Boutique. I couldn't buy it at the time but then, to my suprise, delight, joy and amaze, my faboulous "Burn Inn burlesque motel" crew had got it for me as present!
This must be one of the silliest things I have, a Hollywood Schauckel from the 1950's. I found this from a strange little second hand shop in Berlin 2009. The owner of the shop was very keen to know that the set will find a good home and luckily she accepted me.
And last but not least, a pineapple set from 1950's / 1960's - straight from America. It's plastic, it's beautiful and certainly one of the kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment